The week before half term was Healthy Living Week for the whole school. When we were talking about being healthy we decided that we needed to know more about which foods are healthy and which aren’t.
We found a funny book at fruit called Kitchen Disco by Clare Foges . After that we knew we wanted to try some different fruits. Can you think which one was our favourite? Which one is your favourite?
Some of the fruit was a little bit sour! It made us pull some funny faces!
We had to sound out to think how to spell all the different fruit names. Can you read them back?
We talked about different foods and if they were healthy or not. We also talked about why they were not healthy, for example they have too much sugar or fat.
Our parents were invited to a special workshop with us. If was wonderful to see so many parents and carers attend- thank you for coming! We had to work with them to teach them what we knew about healthy foods.
Everyone got a special Booktime book pack with their very own copy of Kitchen Disco to keep forever 🙂 We hope you’ve been reading it already.
We had some special visitors come to school to talk to us about staying healthy as well. The School Nurses came to talk to us about healthy eating and looking after our teeth.
What a busy week!
What have we been learning?
- Which foods are healthy and which are not.
- To try new foods and think about how to describe the taste.
- To brush our teeth to keep them healthy.
How can you continue the learning at home?
- Explain to your child about the healthy food choices you help them make.
- Make sure your child brushes their teeth twice a day everyday.
- Look at your free Booktime book together. You can find out more about Booktime here.
- Watch the Kitchen Disco song and video. Can you learn the words and sing along?