We had a fabulous time at Sports Day. We were able to go up on the field for the first time and it is another wonderful space we get to enjoy at our school. We joined up with Key Stage One and our families were invited to join in the fun.
After we’d had a turn we let our grown ups have a go at racing. There was a Mummies, Nannans and other girls race then a Daddies, Grandads and other boys race. The teachers had a turn as well! We were very proud when Miss Deakin was the winner 🙂
Once all the races and activities were finished we found out which team was the winners with the most points. Each team had children from ever class so these are the winners from Onyx Class. Everyone else got a certificate to say well done for taking part.
Friday was our Sports Day. We had a fabulous time along with Key Stage One down on the MUGA completing a range of different activities. First we found out which team we were in and which grown up we were with. It was good because we got mixed up with lots of kids from all the other classes. Then it was down to the MUGA to start the different activities. We had ten to do in total with a couple of rest stations.
Sports Day was even more exciting this year as our parents/ carers got to come and watch us. There were 75 parents/ carers in total which is fantastic to see. Thanks to all that came. A big thank you also the the Y6 kids who came to help us and Miss Varley who organised everything.
Once we’d done all the activities we went back to the Main Hall to find out who won. All the points every team scored were added up and the winning teams were announced. There were special certificates for the kids in 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Everyone else got a certificate to say well done.
What have we been learning?
- to take part in a team with children from a range of classes.
- to participate in a range of sporting activities.
- about the effects of exercise on our bodies.
- to support others engaged in sporting activities.
How can you continue the learning at home?
- have a mini-sports day at the park with your friends.
- talk about the effects of exercise on your body, for example, when walking home or walking up stairs.
- talk about how to cool down when you get hot during sports activities, such as taking off jumpers when hot and drinking cool water.