Everyone got an amazing surprise on Wednesday when Santa came to visit.
We were all a bit confused in the morning when our elf was gone and we just got a note saying that he’d gone to do a special job. Where could he have gone?
Then before the morning was finished we heard some bells and there he was….. SANTA!
We soon saw where our elves had gone when Santa pulled them out of his sacks! They’d been at the North Pole helping Santa know all our names and getting our presents ready.
There was a present for everyone! We had to be really really sensible and wait to open our presents altogether. It was super hard but everyone did a great job of waiting.
(There are photos of lots of us here receiving our presents but not everyone even though we all got a present)
It was very exciting to see Santa and talk to him about what he’d been busy doing at the North Pole. Then we had to let him head back to keep on getting ready for Christmas Eve. Thankfully the elves got to stay a school a little longer and it was time for us to open our presents!
Everyone got a special Christmas book to keep and take home 🙂 One of us was so happy we hugged our book when we first saw it we thought it was so exciting. We’re looking forward to having the stories read to us over the Christmas holidays.
Today was very exciting as we went to visit Manor Top Library for the first time. We all had to be super sensible because it meant going out of school and up past all the busy roads on Manor Top. We had to use the green man to help us cross the road and make sure we stopped at all the kerbs to check for cars.
Here we are walking to the Library…
We were all very excited to see the Library. Some of us had been before but not everyone had.
When we got into the Library we all took our coats off and found a special mat to sit on. We had to think about our behaviour in the Library and what might be the same and different to being in school. Everyone listened carefully when we knew we had to be quiet. We also remembered to walk around the Library and look after the books putting them back carefully when we’d finished with them.
Then Miss Parker and the teachers let us look at the books. We had a great time looking for the ones we thought looked the best. We were lucky so many grown ups came with us so they could help read the books with us. Some children found books they’d read before at home or in Nursery, some children found new books which they thought looked interesting for them.
We were sad when it was time to go back to school but we will get to visit again soon. Next time we can hopefully take a book home with us.
A BIG, BIG thank you to all the parents/ carers who came with us to the library 🙂 We love when you come to the Library with us. Look out for the next date in the classroom if you would like to come with us next time.
What have we been learning?
- to cross the roads safely.
- to adapt our behaviour to different places and if we meet different people.
- to enjoy looking at books for pleasure and looking for our favourites to read.
- to spend quiet time looking at books on our own and with friends and grown ups.
How can you continue the learning at home?
- make sure your child has a FREE Library Card so they can bring a book home the next time we go the Library. Ask in class for a form to complete,
- visit the Library with your child and look at the books together.
- enjoy books together everyday. A book at bedtime is an important part of your child’s bedtime routine.
- talk to your child about staying safe near the roads and make sure you always model good behaviour near the roads because your children will copy what you do, even if you tell them to do differently.