When we were talking about what the children knew about bears some children began to talk about Gummy Bears.
Vinnie said he knew an experiment where the bears get bigger so we decided to give it a go and see if we could make our Gummy Bears bigger.
We made it more interesting by putting our Gummy Bears in different liquids and seeing if it made a difference. Everyone predicted what would happen and we recorded it in our Floor Book.
Then we left our Gummy Bears alone for a week only looking to see what was happening.
Look at our Gummy Bears next to the original sized ones. Can you see what has happened? We recorded our ideas again in our Floor Book.
We loved that they’d got bigger! We talked about how it had happened and OSMOSIS!
What have we been learning?
- How to carry out an experiment fairly
- to predict what might happen
- to talk about what we saw happen
- to think about possible reasons for what we’ve seen
How can you continue the learning at home?
- Look out for other fun Science experiments you can do together at home online and in Science books
- Try the Gummy Bear experiment at home- you could try it with different liquids such as washing up liquid.
- Don’t forget to let us know what happens on either en email or wow moment.