For our last Forest Schools session we had a special surprise……. Miss Deighton came to join us and we had a session with FIRE! We had to ask Miss Deighton to come along as she’s had the special training for using the fire pit. She explained to us all about how to stay safe next to the fire and what we needed to do to make sure we got our marshmallow toasted just right.
It was very exciting to do the fire session and everyone was very sensible and listened carefully to everything Miss Deighton, Mrs Murch and Miss Deakin had to tell them.
While we were waiting for our turn at the fire and to toast marshmallows we went back up to the Secret Garden for one last time in Onyx Class. (We’ll be able to go again next year once we’re Topaz Class in Y1) There was a special job to do in the Secret Garden but only after we’d played 1-2-3 Where Are You? again. We had to make a special nature crown using any natural materials we found in the Secret Garden. There were so many to choose although we had to make sure they’d stick to the crown! Anything too big just fell off.
It was another great Forest Schools session. A big thank you to Miss Deighton for helping us stay safe near the fire and making sure there were marshmallows for everyone 🙂
What have we been learning?
- To listen to instructions.
- To stay safe in a new situation.
- To try new things.
- To look for natural objects which we like and say why.
- To create a crown of our favourite objects.
How can you continue the learning at home?
- Support your child to try new things- this could be climbing a bit higher on the climbing frame, visiting a new place or trying a new food.
- Look for natural materials like before and make your own nature crowns.
- Use the natural materials to make a repeating pattern on your crown.