We were all very excited when we knew it was time to go back to the Secret Garden for Forest Schools. We started off with a game of 1-2-3 Where are You? It has quickly become one of our favourite games.
Then we started our first activity. Miss Parker told us about some footprints which had been spotted in the Secret Garden. It was our job to go and find as many as we could. When we found them we had to sort them out and find out from the posters which animal they belonged to.
Once we had found all the footprints we got busy with our second activity. Miss Parker asked us all to draw a picture of some of the footprints we had found. The only problem was we had no pencils or paint. The only thing we had was some cups and a bottle of water. Can you remember what we did?
We made mud paint! We had to find sticks to help us paint our pictures instead of a paintbrush.
Our final job was to go and find as many items as we could for a special picture when we got back to the classroom. We picked up anything which was flat and that we thought was interesting.
Here is our finished picture…….
It looks amazing in the sunshine. Come to our classroom to see it on the window.
What have we been learning?
- To listen during games.
- To look carefully and be observant in the Secret Garden.
- To sort and match animal footprints.
- To use sticks to do mark making with mud.
- To look at different objects which interest us and talk about why we like them.
How can can you continue the learning at home?
- Visit the park or look in you garden and try to find objects which interest you. Can you use them to make a picture?
- Use sticks and other objects to to do mark making with mud.