We had an art lesson last week where we looked at the work of Piet Mondrian. He made pictures using black lines and the primary colours of red, blue and yellow. We looked at lots of examples and then had a go at making some of our own in our Sketch Books. Once we’d had a go we looked again and used Critique to improve our own work. You can find out more about Critique on our school website.
Here is some of our work. We’d love to know what you think…
We weren’t finished there either. some of us tried to make Mondrian pictures using the lego blocks.
We found some computer programmes to make our own pictures as well.
What have we been learning?
- To look at and talk about the work of a famous artist.
- To recreate the art of famous artists.
- To talk about what we are doing and about how we can improve our own work.
How can you continue the learning at home?
- Search on the internet for Piet Mondrain and see what you can find out about him- remember to only do internet searches with your grown ups help.
- Choose some different colours and see if you can make your own pictures at home.
- Look for the Primary colours and see where you can see them.
- Find out what happens when you mix the Primary colours together.