We’ve been talking about staying safe when we’re on the Internet in school. We know this means on the computer, the laptop and the iPads. We are also learning this means smartphones and our gaming computers at home.
To help us stay safe in school we read a story book called Penguin Pig by Stuart Spendlow. Can you remember what happened in the story?
We talked about the things we needed to do to make sure we are safe on the Internet and what to do if we feel unsure or worried. Everyone signed an Acceptable Use Policy to say they agreed to stay safe.
We learnt about Hector the Protector who can help keep us safe. He is on the big screen in our classroom and all the laptops.mif we see sale thing we don’t like we click on him then tell the teacher. We’ll learn more about him during the year.
What have we been learning?
- To stay safe on the Internet.
- The differnet places we go on the Internet.
- What to do if we feel worried on the Internet in school.
How can you continue the learning at home?
- Talk to your child about when they go in the Internet at home. The most important thing you can do to keep your child safe is talk to them and encourage them to talk to you.
- Make sure you have appropriate age restrictions from your Internet provider at home. You can find our more on the school’s Esafety blog here.
- Look at the Hector the Protector website at home with your child.