On Friday 7th October Janene came to visit us to talk about Road Safety. It is especially important we think about this as the nights start to get darker but we need to stay safe near the roads all the time.
She talked to us about the Green Cross Code. Can you remember your Green Cross Code?
Remember to Stop, Look, Listen, Think and Hold Hands every time your near the roads.
We learnt about staying safe near Pelican crossings, Puffin crossings and Zebra crossings. Can you remember which one is which? We practised crossing them in our classroom.
Janene showed us what the Lollipop person looks like. They help us to cross the road safely but we need to remember to keep holding our grown ups hand as well and remember to walk.
We also learnt about staying safe in the car and that we had to always sit on our special car seat and also put our seat belt on every time. The car seat makes sure that our seat belt is in the correct place for us even though we are little.
Finally, we said goodbye to Spike the Hedgehog and his family and said a big thank you to Janene for coming to talk to us and help keep us safe.
What have we been learning?
- To stay safe near the roads.
- To remember our Green Cross Code.
- To keep safe when we are in the car by sitting in our special seats with our seat belts on.
How can you continue the learning at home?
- Make sure you follow the Green Cross Code at home whenever you are near the roads.
- Make sure your child has a special car seat that is the right size for them and they always sit in it.
- Make sure your child has their seat belt on whenever they are in the car.
- Look at the THINK website to learn more and play some exciting road safety games.