We recently had a wonderful afternoon celebrating Father’s Day with Garnet class and Key Stage One. We invited any male member of our family to come and play with us outdoors at school. Lots of our dads, granddads, uncles and big brother came. We said no mums because they had their turn when it was Mother’s Day.
When our dads and other relatives got to school and found us we got to play lots of games outside with them. Some people decided to play football, some played hockey, some played in the water areas together. We could choose what we wanted to do. Look at the fun we had…
A huge thank you to all the dads and other family members who came to support this event. The children LOVED seeing you there and spending time at school with you.
To say thank you to our dads and other male family members, we made them trophies! THANK YOU!!!
What have we been learning?
- To play games in the outdoor environment.
- To say thank you to important people in our lives.
- To combine materials in the workshop to make a trophy.
How can you continue the learning at home?
- Go to the park and play some of the ball games, such as football, there.
- Work out the rules of the game and try to write them down.
- Decide who else you could say thank you to and why you want to say thank you.