Friday 20th May was Wear It Wild Day in school. We got to come to school dressed up as our favourite animals. There was a whole school competition for the best costume in each class. The Panda won in Onyx class, can you spot him in the picture? 🙂
We talked about why we’d been allowed to come to school dressed up and what happened to the donation we’d brought to school. We also talked about how it linked to our Environment Week ideas and how we needed to make sure the animals environment was still nice for them to live in.
Corey’s comment above then started another conversation the next week……
So, look out for some more fundraising in Onyx Class soon…..
What have we been learning?
- Why we need to look after animals.
- Why looking after the environment is important for animals as well as for us.
- To raise money for people and animals other than us.
- About the different animals we dressed up as.
How can you continue the learning at home?
- Look at the websites above to find out more.
- Visit Graves Park or Heeley City Farm to visit some animals in Sheffield.
- Visit the Yorkshire Wildlife Park to see some different animals. Don’t forget to tell Miss Parker if you see her giraffe!