On Friday 18th March it was Sport Relief. We had already raised some money by holding a Fair-trade Bake Sale for the teachers with our Chocolatey Easter Nest Buns. You can find out more about this on our Fair-trade blog post if you click here.
We weren’t finished there though. Everyone in school ran for a whole mile and we were no different. We waited until our special time then headed outside. A mile is a long way when you only have little legs but everyone kept on running even when their legs got tired. Some of our parents and carers came to cheer us on and run with it. It was great to see them there and definitely gave us a boost.
Everyone did an amazing job and helped school raise lots of money for us to send to Sport Relief. Well done everyone!
What have we been learning?
- How exercise helps to keep us fit and healthy.
- What happens to our bodies when we do exercise.
- About how the things we do can help other people, including some people that we’ve never met.
How can you continue the learning at home?
- Encourage your children to be as active as possible- go to the park and have some running races of your own.
- Look on the Sport Relief website at the Thank You video so the children can see how they helped.
- Look at the Change for Life website to find lots of other ideas to keep you and your children fit and healthy.