When it was Valentine’s Day we read some stories about the Love Monster. The children loved the story and it led to some amazing child- initiated learning as the children decided to try and cheer him up. Miss Deighton collected all the pictures we took and the things we said to make a whole class Learning Story. You can read it below…..
Everyone was happy and the Love Monster seemed to be cheered up to 🙂
You can also see our Learning Story and pictures displayed in our new Library. FS1 Diamond class (Nursery) helped us by making some Love Monsters.
What have we been learning?
- To be kind friends.
- To organise and hold a party for the Love Monster.
- To follow a recipe ourselves and bake cakes.
- To solve problems such as ‘Are there enough buns for everyone?‘
How can you continue the learning at home?
- Make cakes and buns together following recipes.
- Think how to be a kind friend for other people you know out of school. Could you draw them a picture or write them a letter?
- Allow your child to help you solve problems at home such as ‘Are there enough plates for everyone?’ at dinnertime.