You can imagine how excited we all were when we saw it was Pancake Day on the calendar! We decided that we just had to make pancakes 🙂
First there was lots of talking about pancakes and Lucas told us everything he knew about them.
We thought about how to make pancakes and the all important toppings.
Before we made our pancakes we had to write the shopping list and decide on our toppings. In Maths we had a vote to decide which were the five most popular toppings in Onyx class. Everyone voted by putting their cube on the topping of their choice. We counted up and found out which ones had the most votes. Hot chilli sauce was the most surprising option!
Everyone helped to make our pancakes following the recipe carefully then it was our favourite bit- eating them!!!
They were delicious! We did such a good job and we’re really glad we decided to make pancakes at school. Did you have pancakes at home this week? We’d love to know what toppings you had and how they tasted. Don’t forget to fill out a WOW moment to tell us what you’ve been doing.
What have we been learning
- About the British celebration of Pancake Day.
- How to write shopping lists.
- To find out the most popular toppings by having a democratic vote.
- To follow a recipe and make pancakes.
- To stay safe in a kitchen.
- To talk about what we have been doing.
How can you continue the learning at home
- Make simple recipes such as pancakes or cakes together allowing the children to help measure the ingredients.
- Write a shopping list together before you go to the shop.
- Talk about staying safe in kitchens and why we need to be careful.