This week was very exciting as we went on our first school trip. We caught the bus and went to Build a Bear Workshop at Meadowhall. This was all part of the learning we’ve been doing about Anti-Bullying Week.
Dalton was able to talk all about it….. “We came in Build a Bear and sit on the floor and we build a bear with fluff and then Elisha put clothes on it and after that we had a picture. After that we had a look at lights and after that eat dinner”
Here are the pictures of how we got to Meadowhall. First we had to walk to the bus stop remembering what we’ve learnt about road safety when we were near the busy roads. We wore our tabards so we were bright and easy to see.
Then we could see Build a Bear Workshop! Everyone was very excited.
We went into Build a Bear Workshop and Ryan helped us to make our bear. We had to choose which type of bear we wanted and which clothes she was going to wear. We had to work as a team and vote for our favourites. We understood that we got to decide as a whole class so it might not be our first choice which was picked.
We even got to vote for our bear’s name. The winner was Millie Ethel.
Here we all are with our new friend. Can you spot her?
After we’d got our we went to look at some of the Christmas lights and we found the Lego shop as well. It made us wonder what we could make from Lego back at school.
After that we even had time for a picnic at Meadowhall with our special school sandwiches before we headed back to school.
The children were very well behaved during the visit and got a certificate on Friday in Special Mentions Assembly for being Charming Citizens and excellent ambassadors for our school.
If you want to see photos of the whole story of The Day we went to Build a Bear look out for the book in our book corner or when Millie Ethel starts coming to your homes.
A big thank you to the parents/ carers who came with us. We wouldn’t be able to go on visits without your support.
If you would like to come with us on visits, please speak to us in school and we’ll let you know when we’re going and what you need to do.
What have we been learning?
- To be part of a collective team effort to build a bear.
- To know we have to share the bear altogether and be friends.
- to stay safe when we’re out near the roads and in public places.
- To look at and talk about the Christmas lights and everything else we saw on the day.
What can you do to continue the learning at home?
- Go on visits with your child to different places in Sheffield. There are lots of places you can go for free such as The Winter Gardens, Weston Park Museum and Ecclesall Woods or Norfolk Park. Talk about how these places are the same and different to other places you have been.
- Continue to remind your child about road safety when near roads and refer to when we go places with school. All the children we’re brilliant when we went as a class.
- Look out for the bear coming to your home after Christmas for the weekend or a couple of nights!!!!